Our usual summer/late spring aeration work will be carried out on the greens this week. We will verti-cut and aerate the greens with knife tine’s down to 3″ at 2″ spaces on Tuesday and Wednesday. Topdressing will follow in the coming weeks to smooth the greens surface and help with drainage and percolation of the irrigation water.
This work will ensure the greens are at their best condition through June, July and beyond which is traditionally our busiest and most important calendar months.
“Why are you doing this again!”
- To ensure the greens remain healthy and smooth during our busiest months.
- The topdressing will ensure the greens remain playable “firm” during the winter months.
- Aeration will strengthen the greens during extreme weather conditions and help them through tough conditions making them more sustainable and healthy with out extra costs of resources which are then past onto the member’s/customers ie Fertiliser’s, Water, Fungicides, Wetting agents and Labour costs.
- Short term damage with long term benefits that will recover by the weekend.
- This work will prevent the greens becoming thatchy and unplayable in wet spells or through the winter months thus preventing the use of temporary.
Preferred lies has now finished till further notice.